- Αυτή η εκδήλωση έχει τελειώσει.
Webinar from Science: ‘The rise of whole genome microbial sequencing: A new era for human microbiome analysis’
4 Οκτώβριος 2017 @ 7:00 μμ - 8:00 μμ
About This Webinar
Our knowledge of the role of the human microbiome in health and disease has been growing in recent years, but analysis of the microbiome—such as amplicon sequencing of the highly conserved 16S ribosomal RNA (rRNA) gene—has proved challenging. Thanks to the rapidly declining costs of next-generation sequencing, whole-genome microbial sequencing is now emerging as a viable alternative for disease research, providing a more detailed analysis of the species present in the microbiome. Together with our invited experts, we will explore how this shift is changing the way researchers are approaching microbiome analysis, and what the additional information obtained can tell us about how the health of the microbiome impacts human health and well-being.
During the webinar, the speakers will:
• Describe methods to characterize a microbial community, including 16S rRNA amplicon sequencing and shotgun metagenomic sequencing
• Compare and contrast 16S amplicon versus shotgun sequencing
• Discuss approaches to microbiome population genetics and strain tracking through next-gen microbial sequencing
• Answer your questions during the live broadcast!
Julie Segre, Ph.D.
National Institutes of Health
Katie Pollard, Ph.D.
Gladstone Institutes and UCSF
San Francisco, CA